Based on the latest data, the drought forecast for May 2022 has been adjusted. Humidity conditions are expected to be close to normal throughout most of Kazakhstan during May, World of NAN reports citing Kazhydromet.
Moderate drought expected:
- in the vicinity of Stepnogorsk, Akmola region;
- in the area of M. Zhumabaev, North Kazakhstan region;
- in the Aral region, Kyzylorda region;
- in Aitekebi and Khromtau districts, Aktobe region.
Severe drought is forecast:
- in Karmakchinsky district, Kyzylorda region;
- in Mangistau district, Mangistau region.
Favorable conditions with moderate humidity are expected:
- mainly in the West Kazakhstan and Atyrau regions, as well as in the south of the Zhambyl region, and in the Suzak region of the Turkestan region.
- in the North-Kazakhstan region, in the districts named after. G. Musrepov, Timiryazevsky and Tayynshinsky;
- in the Aktobe region - in the Irgiz and Uil districts;
- in Almaty region - in Enbekshikazakh and Ili districts;
- in the East Kazakhstan region - in Shemonaikha and Urzhar districts.